Meeting the Workforce Development Challenge — Matching Skills and Jobs.
The Coalition meets virtually, on the 1st Tuesday of each month, from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, Pacific Time.
- Businesses which hire for IT, cybersecurity, and related roles
- Regional community colleges, four-year colleges, and universities
- Regional high schools
- LA Chapters of professional associations, like ISSA-LA, ISACA, AITP-LA, AFCEA
- Organizations supporting technology career development among marginalized populations
- Community-based organizations supporting under-served communities
- The regional community of cybersecurity staffing and contracting companies
- MSPs and IT Vendors in the region, including those with cybersecurity apprentice or intern programs
- Other regional and national cybersecurity workforce stakeholders
- Be a force multiplier to leverage our individual efforts … Make 1 + 1 = 1000.
- Build a community of trust.
- Solve community workforce challenges.
- Collaborate & work together on projects.
- Learn from other communities.
- Connect those with programs, those with employment opportunities, and those in the communities.
- Explore the range of solutions afforded by participants: what works; what doesn’t work; what scales; what doesn’t.
- Identify and eliminate systemic blockages such as college degrees and other unnecessary requirements.
- Better connect skills and capabilities needed by employers with the skills and capabilities students are trained to.
- Use the strength of our numbers to be better advocates in the Mayor’s office, in Sacramento, and DC.
Nominal Meeting Agenda
- Check-In: Who’s here? How are you doing? Whats going on?
- Cybersecurity Workforce: In the News
- Collaborative Opportunities: Let’s help each other.
- What Else?
Joining the Coalition
The LA Cybersecurity Workforce Coalition is for those with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce challenge. While focused on the greater LA area, including LA County, Ventura County, Orange County, the Inland Empire, and nearby communities, the coalition includes others with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce. Please email info@SecureTheVillage.org for more information and to be included on the meeting list.