Meeting the Workforce Development Challenge — Matching Skills and Jobs.
SecureTheVillage hosts the Cybersecurity Workforce Working Group.
Members come from private sector cybersecurity organizations, MSPs, training organizations, education, the nonprofit community, and government.
The working group meets virtually on the 3rd-Tuesday of each month, from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Pacific Time.
Typical Monthly Meeting Agenda
- Check-In: Who’s Here? How Are You Doing?
- Events and Happenings
- Member Overview: A Member-Led Presentation
- Collaborative Opportunities: Needs, Deals, and Wants
- What Else?
Working Group Objectives
- Bring together people and organizations across multiple sectors with a professional interest in a fully-staffed diverse cybersecurity workforce
- Connect those with programs, those with employment opportunities, and those in the communities
- Explore the range of solutions afforded by participants: what works; what doesn’t work; what scales; what doesn’t
- Provide working group members the opportunity to share their successes / failures and learn from others
- Build relationships for ongoing work to leverage each other’s efforts
- Be a force multiplier to leverage our individual efforts … Make 1 + 1 = 1000.
Areas of Exploration
- How we get workforce candidates
- Training needs and opportunities
- Opportunities for entry-level workers, including internships, apprentice programs, and others
- Career management
Who Should Attend
The meeting is for those with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce challenge. Please email info@SecureTheVillage.org for more information and to be included on the meeting list.