The objective of the Community Engagement Working Group is to provide tools and education to CyberGuardians – individuals and families – so they can more effectively secure and keep private their sensitive information.
Working group members come from cybersecurity professionals in fields such as law, insurance, IT, information security, law enforcement, education, and related. The Community Engagement Working Group meets monthly.
- Raise cybersecurity awareness in the community
- Deliver education and information to the community
- Raise funding to support our efforts
- As an ancillary goal, to support growing the cybersecurity workforce
- Planning a virtual event with Nicole Perlroth, author of This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race
- Target Date: Q1 2021
- Attendees: 500
- Funding: National sponsors
- Use event to strengthen alliances with other cybersecurity non-profits
- Conducting research on opportunities to reach high school students
- Curriculum: Training content
- Delivery: Educational delivery structure
- Partners: Opportunities for synergy
- Marketing: To whom and how do we market
- Funding: Who pays?
- Publishing SecureTheVillage CyberGuardian iPhone/Android application
Please note that registration is not automatically approved. If you have not previously attended you may receive a request for more information. Upon approval of registration you will receive an email from Zoom with a link to join and an option to add it to your calendar.