Formerly: LA Cybersecurity Workforce Working Group
The Coalition meets virtually, on the 2nd-Tuesday of each month, from 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Pacific Time.
Nominal Meeting Agenda
- Check-In: Who’s here? How are you doing? Whats going on?
- Cybersecurity Workforce: In the News
- Collaborative Opportunities: Let’s help each other.
- What Else?
- Businesses which hire for IT, cybersecurity, and related roles
- Regional community colleges, four-year colleges, and universities
- Regional high schools
- LA Chapters of professional associations, like ISSA-LA, ISACA, AITP-LA, AFCEA
- Organizations supporting technology career development among marginalized populations
- Community-based organizations supporting under-served communities
- The regional community of cybersecurity staffing and contracting companies
- MSPs and IT Vendors in the region, including those with cybersecurity apprentice or intern programs
- Other regional and national cybersecurity workforce stakeholders
- Be a force multiplier to leverage our individual efforts … Make 1 + 1 = 1000.
- Build a community of trust.
- Solve community workforce challenges.
- Collaborate & work together on projects.
- Learn from other communities.
- Connect those with programs, those with employment opportunities, and those in the communities.
- Explore the range of solutions afforded by participants: what works; what doesn’t work; what scales; what doesn’t.
- Identify and eliminate systemic blockages such as college degrees and other unnecessary requirements.
- Better connect skills and capabilities needed by employers with the skills and capabilities students are trained to.
- Use the strength of our numbers to be better advocates in the Mayor’s office, in Sacramento, and DC.
Joining the Coalition
The LA Cybersecurity Workforce Coalition is for those with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce challenge. While focused on the greater LA area, including La County, Orange County, and nearby communities, the coalition includes others with a professional interest in the cybersecurity workforce. Please email info@SecureTheVillage.org for more information and to be included on the meeting list.