Date: March 31, 2021
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 pm EDT
Approved: California, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, North Carolina, Texas, Washington
Pending: Florida, Georgia, Virginia
*This presentation is approved or pending CLE accreditation in the aforementioned States for 1 general credit.
**If you are seeking CLE accreditation in another State, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance as proof of your participation. Please check with your State Bar to ensure you can be accredited through reciprocity. For example, New York licensed attorneys may obtain CLE credit through other approved jurisdictions as provided in New York’s Approved Jurisdiction policy
Courts are turning with growing frequency to special masters as they confront increasingly complex eDiscovery scenarios. When properly selected and used in appropriate matters, special masters with eDiscovery expertise can help courts and parties prioritize issues for determination and streamline resolution of disputes in a cost-effective manner. This program provides an overview of the issues and examines key considerations surrounding the use of special masters for handling eDiscovery issues.
Topics covered include:
· An overview of the eDiscovery scenarios that merit the appointment of a special master
· Rules regarding special master appointments
· Addressing conflicts of interest and ameliorating other party concerns
· Objecting to and obtaining relief from special master reports and recommendations
· Practice tips for handling the issues