INMA invites you to a free webinar hosted by the Los Angeles InfraGard Members Alliance.
Description: On Thursday, 10/15/2020, please join speakers from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Headquarters, the FBI Los Angeles Field Office and the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services as they present on Malign Foreign Influence, the Protected Voices Initiative, Election Security, and Cyber Security.
The FBI is the primary investigative agency responsible for engaging with local and state election security counterparts to safeguard election integrity. The FBI is also the lead federal agency for identifying and combating malign foreign influence operations targeting our democratic institutions through the FBI’s Foreign Influence Task Force (FITF). The FITF brings together all FBI authorities and capabilities from multiple divisions to include Counterintelligence; Cyber; Criminal; and Counterterrorism assets to coordinate and work together to combat the threat.
The Protected Voices Initiative is an effort to provide tools and resources to political campaigns, government agencies, private sector companies, and individuals to protect against online foreign influence operations and cybersecurity threats.
Topics & Speakers:
- Election Threats Briefing | FBI Los Angeles, Intelligence Analyst | Kevin Michelena
- Malign Foreign Influence & Protected Voices | FBI HQ Counterintelligence Division, Supervisory Special Agent | Alla Lipetsker
- Election Crimes | FBI Los Angeles, Special Agent & Election Crimes Coordinator | Joe Rock
- Election Security | California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services, Deputy Director of Homeland Security | Tom F. Osborne
- Cyber Security | FBI Los Angeles, Cyber Division, Special Agent & Intelligence Analyst | Boeing Shih & Amy Nelson