SecureTheVillage hosts the cybersecurity workforce working group. If you’re involved in a cybersecurity workforce initiative, we invite you to attend.
For more information and to register, please select the “RSVP / Register” Button.
Working Group Objectives: Be a force multiplier to leverage our individual efforts … Make 1 + 1 = 1000.
- Bring together people and organizations across multiple sectors with a professional interest in a fully-staffed diverse cybersecurity workforce
- Provide working group members the opportunity to learn from successful programs
- Connect those with programs, those with employment opportunities, and those in the communities
- Explore the range of solutions afforded by participants: what works; what doesn’t work; what scales; what doesn’t
- Build relationships for ongoing work to leverage each other’s efforts
Areas of Exploration
- How we get workforce candidates
- Training needs and opportunities
- Opportunities for entry-level workers, including internships, apprentice programs, and others
- Career management
Some of the Working Group Members:
- Ara Aslanian, Inverselogic, Inc.
- Carmen Marsh, “100 Women in 100 Days Cybersecurity Career Accelerator”
- Dan Weeks, Fullstack Academy
- Devin Terry, SecureTheVillage
- Kelly Kendall, US Valor
- Ken Kerrick, University of the Pacific
- Lee McWhorter, Covered 6 Security Academy
- Lindsey Stewart, East County Economic Development Council
- Liz Fraumann, SynED
- Lynn Stewart, Cal State Fullerton Extension
- Marian Merritt, NIST
- Mike Gentile, CyberForward by CISOSHARE
- Olivia Herriford, Bay Area Community College Consortium
- Patty Murphey, CyberForward by CISOSHARE
- Paula Hodge, California Community Colleges
- Ray Austad, Farmers Insurance
- Spencer Brady, Covered 6 Security Academy
- Stan Stahl, SecureTheVillage
- Teana Fredeen, SynED
For more information and to register, please email Devin Terry … Devin@SecureTheVillage.org.