Invitational Cybersecurity Workforce Workshop — Linking Supply & Demand
December 15 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
On December 15th, SecureTheVillage is hosting a cybersecurity workforce workshop. If you’re involved in a cybersecurity workforce initiative, we invite you to attend.
- Bring together people and organizations across multiple sectors with a professional interest in a fully-staffed diverse cybersecurity workforce
- Provide attendees the opportunity to learn from successful programs
- Connect those with programs, those with employment opportunities, and those in the communities
- Explore the range of solutions afforded by participants: what works; what doesn’t work; what scales; what doesn’t
- Build relationships for ongoing work to leverage each other’s efforts
At the end of the workshop: We will form a working group to leverage our work and provide community leadership … Make 1 + 1 = 100.
- How we get workforce candidates
- Training needs and opportunities
- Opportunities for entry-level workers, including internships, apprentice programs, and others
- Career management
Some of the Attendees:
- Ara Aslanian, Inverselogic, Inc.
- Carmen Marsh, “100 Women in 100 Days Cybersecurity Career Accelerator”
- Devin Terry, SecureTheVillage
- Lee McWhorter, Covered 6 Security Academy
- Lindsey Stewart, East County Economic Development Council
- Liz Fraumann, SynED
- Lynn Stewart, Cal State Fullerton Extension
- Marian Merritt, NIST
- Mike Gentile, CyberForward by CISOSHARE
- Patty Murphey, CyberForward by CISOSHARE
- Paula Hodge, California Community Colleges
- Ray Austad, Farmers Insurance
- Spencer Brady, Covered 6 Security Academy
- Stan Stahl, SecureTheVillage
- Teana Fredeen, SynED
For more information and to register, please email Devin Terry … Devin@SecureTheVillage.org.