- This event has passed.
NCFTA Los Angeles Training
December 4, 2018 @ 8:00 am - December 6, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) offers training courses on the current cyber-threat landscape to law enforcement, industry, and academia. This training course combines lectures and hands-on work with NCFTA personnel and other subject matter experts.
This advanced, immersive course expounds upon the skills and fundamentals taught in our Introductory Course. The course will provide attendees with a more in-depth understanding of the online criminal ecosystem, beginning with how breaches occur up to how the data is monetized. The training will be mostly hands-on, beginning with building the research machine. Additionally, attendees will be familiarized with open source and commercial tools and learn to leverage the tools to assess potential threat actors. Each module will have a task for attendees to accomplish.
- Understand the process for building a research machine, to include installing a VM
- Understand the life cycle of monetizing compromised data, beginning with the actual breach
- Develop intelligence reporting based on information gathered
- Interact online using various P2P chat platforms
- Utilize software for encrypting and decrypting information
- Explore alternate crypto-currencies
- Utilize additional open source and commercial tools to collect and analyze information
*Breakfasts and Lunches will be provided
*OPTIONAL: NCFTA is offering a laptop for purchase, to take with you after the class is complete. Cost: $999 Can be selected and paid for at registration.
*Discounted rate for Government, NCFTA Partners & Students – inquire before registering: email@example.com
- 3 day course
- All course materials will be provided
- May count toward CPE credits (check with your accreditation department)
- Certificate of completion will be provided upon fulfillment of training requirements
Space is limited, register early!
Questions: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) is a nonprofit corporation founded in 2002 by industry, academia, and law enforcement for the sole purpose of establishing a neutral, trusted environment that enables two-way information sharing with the ultimate goal to identify, mitigate, disrupt, and neutralize cyber threats. Through the NCFTA, private industry and government are able to work together in this neutral, trusted environment. For more information, please visit www.ncfta.net.Register Now