- This event has passed.
Webinar: SecureTheVillage June Webinar: CCPA, Part 3: Minimum Reasonable Security Practices
June 6, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am PDT
Topic: CCPA, Part 3: Minimum Reasonable Security Practices
Stan’s Guest: Rachel Capoccia, Partner, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) private right of action establishes statutory damages of between $100 and $750 per incident for consumers whose personal information has been compromised by a breach of personal information resulting from the business’ “violation of the duty to implement reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect the personal information. (CA Civil Code Section 1798.150(a)(1)).
This increases the importance to a company that it have and maintain appropriate reasonable security procedures and practices. And yet, there is as yet, no established legal definition of reasonable security procedures and practices.
While we may not be able to say what is reasonable, SecureTheVillage believes there are practices so basic that a failure to implement them is prima facie evidence that the security practices are not reasonable.
Join Stan and Rachel as they discuss these Minimum Reasonable Security Practices.
Information Security Management Webinars
- Provide Practical Real-World How-To Information Security Management Guidance
- Are Actionable: Every Webinar ends with an assignment; Specific things you can do in your organization to improve your organization’s information security posture
- Are based upon SecureTheVillage’s Information Security Management ResourceKit
- Led by Dr. Stan Stahl, SecureTheVillage founder, and featuring cyber experts on the SecureTheVillage Leadership Council
Who Should Attend:
- Information Security Managers and CISOs
- Information Security Management and Leadership Teams
- Executive and Senior managers whose Departments manage sensitive or critical information, including:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Risk Officers
- Chief Legal Officers
- IT Directors / Managers, including CTOs, CIOs
- Managing Partners
- Directors of HR
- Directors of Development (nonprofit)
- Head of the Technology Committee (professional services firm)
- Partners-in-Charge of Administration (professional services firms)
- Other Business Professionals
- Accountants and auditors
- Financial service professionals
- Insurance brokers
- Investment bankers
- Management consultants
- Information security professionals
- IT service providers / MSPs
- Board members
- Law enforcement
- Cyber educators