Things We’ll Cover
- The “election system” – what it is and how it’s intended to work
- Threats to our election – nation-state and other interference, domestic terrorists, voting machine vulnerabilities, mis/dis-information
- How we are mitigating these threats while also giving the devil his do, and acknowledging that security can never be perfect
- What discretion do precinct and local election officials have in qualifying and/or disqualifying voters and their votes?
- What does the citizenry need to know about the expected deluge of mis/dis-information?
- How can the citizenry navigate the deluge of mis/dis-information?
Panelists (to date)
- Kim Wyman, Senior Election Security Advisor, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), former Washington Secretary of State
- Kathy Bookvar, Vice President of Election Operations & Support, Center for Internet Security, former Pennsylvania Secretary of State
- Adam Powell III,Executive Director, Election Cybersecurity Initiative,USC Annenberg Center on Communication Leadership and Policy,University of Southern California
- Moderator: Stan Stahl,PhD, President, SecureTheVillage