- Very high level overview of CCPA and potential liability under the CCPA
- Discussion of CA attorney general guidance and how that could impact liability
- Continuing efforts to add private right of action to CCPA
- CCPA provisions on opting out and how contractual language could be used to define service providers
- Statutory damages for data breaches except where reasonable practices and policies are in place. What does this mean?
- Relation to other CA laws that require business to have security plans. See Cal. Civ. Code 1798.81.
Matthew Seror, Shareholder, Buchalter
Weiss Hamid, Associate, Buchalter
This is a recording of SecureTheVillage’s webinar on March 12th, 2020, hosted by Stan Stahl, PhD.