A CyberLeader is an individual who shares their expertise in one or more areas of cybersecurity and privacy such as information security management, leadership, and governance; cyber-risk management and insurance; information security and privacy law; law enforcement; national cybersecurity policy; cyber-education; and related fields.
CyberLeaders share our vision for a cybersecure global village. Active in their organizations and their communities, CyberLeaders do their part to realize that vision. CyberLeaders are life-long cybersecurity and privacy learners who love to share their knowledge and experience. They are guides, helping others be better CyberGuardians.
- CyberLeaders are listed in our Village Square.
- CyberLeaders are encouraged to post White Papers, videos, and other of their educational materials to our Resource Library.
- CyberLeaders are encouraged to post their information security events on our Events Calendar.
- We encourage CyberLeaders to meet and get to know each other and are happy to arrange introductions.
Participate in Programs
CyberLeaders are expected to participate in SecureTheVillage programs. We currently have the following programs and — with the availability of resources — are happy to consider additional ones.
- Board Security: Assisting Boards and other business owners ensure their organization’s information security management practices are reasonable.
- IT / Information Security Management: Assisting MSPs, IT-vendors, and in-house IT personnel better secure and protect the IT infrastructures they manage.
- Financial Services Cybersecurity: Assisting community banks and other smaller financial institutions better secure and protect their parts of the nation’s financial system.
- Cybersecurity Workforce: Bringing together educators, private industry, and others towards the end of meeting our cybersecurity workforce challenges.
- Community Engagement: Providing education, tools, workshops, webinars, etc to turn individuals and families into CyberGuardians.
Benefits of Being a Cyberleader
- Higher Purpose: Work collaboratively with other cybersecurity professionals on major national cybersecurity challenges.
- Expand Your Network of Business Relationships: Meet and/or get introductions to prospective customers, business partners, vendors, and other cybersecurity professionals.
- Generate Revenues: Build business relationships through expanded network relationships and STV marketing support.
- Increase Your National Leadership: Increase your leadership recognition in cybersecurity.
- Augment Your Marketing: Promote White Papers, events, etc on our website and through our marketing efforts.
CyberLeaders come from business and industry, the not-for-profit community, the professions, government, and education.
- Auditors and Examiners
- Cyber-Investigators and Litigation Support
- Cyber Risk Managers /Insurance Brokers
- Executives and Board Directors
- Financial Service Professionals
- Government Professionals
- Information Security Professionals
- Information Technology Professionals
- Law Enforcement Professionals
- Litigation Support
- Privacy Professionals
- Village Residents
We invite you to apply to be a SecureTheVillage CyberLeader.
- Membership is currently free.
- We will begin charging business professionals for membership in 2022
- Membership will remain free for those in nonprofits, education, law enforcement, government, and students.