CybersecureLA 2020: A Reasonable Approach to Reasonable Security
October 28 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
Join SecureTheVillage for CybersecureLA 2020!
Date: Wednesday, 10/28, 2:30 – 5PM PDT
Description: Are your cybersecurity management practices reasonable? Do you know your risk tolerance? Are you covering all the cybersecurity bases that make up reasonable cybersecurity?
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other emerging laws require organizations to have “reasonable cybersecurity practices.” The challenge is that there is no accepted definition of exactly what “reasonable” means.
There is No One Size Fits All: Whatever “reasonable” is to mean, it must – at the very least – take into account the particular circumstances of the organization and the information it possesses. It would clearly be unreasonable, for example, to hold a small manufacturing company or nonprofit to the same standard as a large bank.
Join SecureTheVillage at CybersecureLA 2020 and learn how to think through your organization’s particular cybersecurity and privacy circumstances … the information you must protect … the laws and regulations governing protection … your own corporate risk-tolerance … and integrate these together into an information security management program that’s reasonable for your organization.
Learn by Doing: We’ve organized CybersecureLA 2020 as an interactive workshop, taking advantage of online event capabilities including small group discussion, polls, surveys, and interactive Q&A.
Audience: Board members. C-Level Executives. CFOs, Chief Risk Officers. Chief Information Security Officers. Anyone in the organization with management responsibility for information security. Trusted advisors.
What You’ll Learn
- Identify your cyber-risk exposure
- Explore your cyber-risk tolerance
- Know the key elements of reasonable cybersecurity
- Leave with a well-defined process to follow in identifying what reasonable security is for your organization.
Speakers and Panelists include
- Chris Rose, Ariento, SecureTheVillage Board
- George Usi, Omnistruct, SecureTheVillage Board
- Howard Miller, LBW Insurance, SecureTheVillage Board
- Jason Meshekow, intouch insurance services, SecureTheVillage Board
- Robert Braun, Esq., Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell, SecureTheVillage Leadership Council
- Stan Stahl, PhD, Miller Kaplan, SecureTheVillage Board
- Tim Toohey, Esq., Greenberg Glusker, SecureTheVillage Leadership Council
- Tom Peistrup, Esq., General Counsel, Tres Milano, SecureTheVillage Board