Join us for the next Technology & Security Management HappyHour on August 24th!
Open Dialogue: Vulnerability and Patch Management
Description: It’s Summer. Time for something completely different. Come prepared to talk about vulnerability and patch management at the first ever SecureTheVillage “Open Dialogue” Happy Hour in the known universe.
Whether you’re managing a small 10 – 20 node networks or you’re responsible for a complex 10,000 node network, effective vulnerability and patch management is a challenge. On the premise that no one’s as smart as everyone, let’s learn from each other!
Here’s a few of the questions we’ll explore.
- How do you stay on top of vulnerabilities? What information sources do you use?
- What vulnerability scanning tools do you use? How frequently? How effective are they? Do they scale? What challenges do they present?
- What’s your patching cadence? What are your patching standards? What vulnerability and patch metrics do you use?
- How do you prioritize what gets patched? Which patches get highest priority? What are your patching challenges?
- What patching tools do you use? How effective are they? Do they scale? What challenges do they present?
- How do you stay on top of patching for a remote workforce? How has remote work exacerbated your patching challenge?
- What about rogue software? How do you protect the network from unpatched software you don’t know about?
- How do you report vulnerability and patch status to management or to your customers? To what extent do they understand the importance of vulnerability and patch management?
Bring your vulnerability and patch management questions to the meeting. Come prepared to talk about what works and what doesn’t. Leave your “shy boots” at the door.
Technology & Security Management Happy Hour is a Peer-to-Peer Roundtable in “Happy Hour Format”
Peer-to-Peer Roundtables are educational / networking events where we come together to discuss IT security challenges and solutions. As a diverse community, our various backgrounds and areas of expertise become an asset in navigating the complex issues we face in an ever more digitally dependent environment.
Our Peer-to-Peer Happy Hour series is ‘after-hours,’ offering a less formal structure for conversation and connection than our traditional Roundtable series. We hope you’ll join us!
- Deal with real issues
- Solve real problems
- Have fun
- Build community
- Technology executives
- CIOs, Directors of IT
- CISOs, Information Security Managers
- CFOs and other executives that manage IT