SecureTheVillage hosts the Cybersecurity Workforce Working Group. Members come from private sector cybersecurity organizations, MSPs, training organizations, education, the nonprofit community, and government. If you’re involved in a cybersecurity workforce initiative, we encourage you to attend.
July Meeting: Brainstorm with high school students.
- Workforce Infographic: Brainstorm ideas for inclusion on an infographic designed to attract people to a career in cybersecurity. SecureTheVillage is developing the infographic under a grant from the South Coast Community College District.
- Workforce Working Group Annual Conference: Brainstorm ideas for a first annual event to be held during Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week, October 18 – 23, 2021.
For more information and to register, please select the “RSVP / Register” Button.
Working Group Objectives: Be a force multiplier to leverage our individual efforts … Make 1 + 1 = 1000.
- Bring together people and organizations across multiple sectors with a professional interest in a fully-staffed diverse cybersecurity workforce
- Provide working group members the opportunity to learn from successful programs
- Connect those with programs, those with employment opportunities, and those in the communities
- Explore the range of solutions afforded by participants: what works; what doesn’t work; what scales; what doesn’t
- Build relationships for ongoing work to leverage each other’s efforts
Areas of Exploration
- How we get workforce candidates
- Training needs and opportunities
- Opportunities for entry-level workers, including internships, apprentice programs, and others
- Career management
The meeting is for professionals with interests related to this aspect of cybersecurity.
Please note that registration is not automatically approved, and if you have not previously attended you may receive a request for more information. Upon approval of registration you will receive an email from Zoom with a link to join and an option to add it to your calendar.